TCOR BIBLE INSTITUTE DOCTORAL PROGRAM
All students are expected to take an Admission Assessment
The Doctor of Theology is an online and in-person program offered at TCOR Bible Institute. This is an accelerated 18-month program that requires 47 credits. We offer a variation of distinct courses that will support you in your Doctorate pursuit. The courses are as follows:
Three Dissertation Courses - 12 Credits
Part I – Introduction; Literature Review
Part II – Methodology, Analysis
Part III – Finding, Summary
*Core courses: -32 Credits
Advanced Systematic Theology
Advanced Apologetics-Inductive and Deductive Reasoning
Psychology and the Bible
Debates in 20th Century Theology
Rediscovering the Kingdom
* These courses are subject to change.
1. You must hold a Bachelors degree and a Masters degree in Theology from an accredited Christian college or university with a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, thus demonstrating an aptitude for advanced study.
2. Complete the application (click blue PHD Application link below). There is a nonrefundable $50 (US) application fee that includes processing of the application.
3. Provide at least one Pastoral and two personal references (total of 3 references)-include this information in the application.
4. Compose a ministry essay containing conversion, understanding of Christian ministry, Christian service, life goals, and a full discussion as to how a doctoral degree will help achieve your goals. Your essay should be at least five paragraphs.
5. Submit your most recent resume.
6. Provide OFFICIAL transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate work.
Submit all requested documents via email to
7. Provide two Letters of Recommendation and have individuals email recommendations to:
Ask individuals to email with the subject line which states: Letters of Recommendation for [your name]
(If documents are going to be mailed via USPS, please email for additional instructions).
8. Upon review and acceptance into the Ph.D program, there will be an online interview with program director and/or faculty. A staff member will contact you to schedule the interview and provide additional information.
Click here to apply
For additional information about the Doctoral program, please send inquiries to:
Program Director, Dean Dawn Johannes
When emailing requested documents (except transcript(s) which should be emailed directly from college), please send only one email with all documents (i.e. ministry essay, resume, letters of recommendation). In the subject line write: PHD Application Documents
TCOR Bible Institute will ONLY accept OFFICIAL/unopened transcripts emailed or mailed directly from the school with the seal. Application will not be processed without receipt of Transcripts.
Payment Options are:
Cash App: $TCORBible
If you are unable to use the above services, please email: or call Telephone: 919-602-8094; for further instructions. In subject line please state: Application Fee Information